News:

Look at this spiffy theme!

Forum Themes

Started by RT-55J, Tue, 2024 - 10 - 01, 07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT-55J

I'm not a fan of the default theme here. It's too bright, and imho there are some contrast issues. I'd like to make a darker and bluer theme, with better contrast.

Also the theme needs to have Waffle's Revenge as a background. That's non-negotiable.

RT-55J

I just realized this forum doesn't have a favicon. That explains why I've been having so much trouble finding it in my sea of tabs lol.

Should I use the :3 favicon from the main neocities site, or do something else? What say ye?

neen

RT-55J

The favicon has been added. Thank you for your patience.

It may take a while for your browser to load the favicon. Shift+F5 on desktop should force your browser to ignore its cache and reload the page from scratch (I'm not sure how you would do this on mobile).

RT-55J

As you might have noticed, we now have a banner of the venerable 468x60px size. That's over 10 times as many pixels as those silly 88x31px buttons everybody has!

RT-55J

poasting this link here for future reference:

https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?action=themes

lemme know if there are any themes you like

anyhow, I've determined that my least favorite parts of the current theme are (a) the baked in avatar size restriction for desktop and (b) no avatars on mobile

RT-55J

Okay. I decided to go with this theme: Blue Evolution 2.1

I changed the link colors slightly and gave it a custom background (as prophecied, Waffle's Revenge).

Lemme know what you think.

RT-55J

okay i (think i) implemented the mobile avatar fix contained here:

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=587654.msg4164844#msg4164844

i think i'm having trouble reloading the CSS to see if it did anything or if i done messed up

RT-55J

I didn't like the included smiley sets for the forum, so I installed the certified phpBB hood classic set instead.

You can thank me later.  :wink:

RT-55J

:hey: Hey y'all. We just added a couple new emotes too.

They're a bit bigger, but we hope you enjoy them.  :smug:

RT-55J

I modified the :bleh: smiley to more closely match the vibe of the :P emoticon.

Also, I made it so none of the smiley codes overlap with common text emoticons, so you can have :) and :-) and :yeah: all in the same post without any finagling.