News:

Look at this spiffy theme!

[2024-03-20] Super Madtroid Map

Started by RT-55J, Mon, 2024 - 10 - 07, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT-55J

QuoteToday's update is a very rare TRIPLE WHAMMY!!! *airhorn noises*

We got three orders of business:

1. The maps page has been updated to be more organized, with maps of different games being separated into their own categories. This entailed editing style.css, so it might not look quite right if your cache doesn't update.

2. We got another hotfix thanks to our wonderful friend Ambureon: the Metroid Blue map was missing an energy tank in Brinstar. Thanks for the tip! (Note: If you find an error in one of my maps, please let me know! It's one of the few ways I find out that people are using them.)

3. Our first map of a Super Metroid hack has been added to the site. The hack in question is... *drumroll* Super Madtroid!!!

Super Madtroid has an average rating of 1.60 orbs out of 5. The author made it in 7 hours. When I showed the map to the author, his reaction was (and I quote) "I barely remember making it lol." That's how you know the hack is quality.

Anyhow, don't go expecting very many SM hack maps from me. Those hacks tend to be much larger and more sophisticated, and there are already plenty of wonderful folks who have put in the blood, sweat, and tears to make the good maps of the good hacks. This map mostly serves as a proof of concept (in terms of workflow) in preparation for a couple other hacks I wanna map in the indeterminate future.